My Top 5 Things To Eliminating the Winter Blues
I had a conversation with a friend about how I decorate for Winter that got me thinking of all the things I do, eat, and decorate with that improve my mood when the skies seem endlessly gray. I learned to love Winter by embracing the little things and I hope you can find a new routine or simple pleasure to help you thrive long after January.
1. Take down your holiday themed decorations, but leave the snowflakes, snowmen, white lights, and bottle brush trees.
2. Find an outfit that’s both perfect for snuggling on the sofa and making a coffee run. If you work in the office I suggest a scarf that doubles as a blanket. If you work from home turn on some free Winter themed “coffee-shop” jazz music and settle in for a warm Winters... work week.
3. Take Vitamin D for your mood and put Vitamin E on your face. Everyone gives this advice... because it’s good advice. It’s saved my skin and helps me stay motivated when the sun goes down.
4. I’m talking about hot coffee, hot coco, hot cider, and soup. Lunchtime gets to be extra savory this time of year.
5. That first cup of coffee can make or break your day.
I bought this “I Smell Snow” mug from the Etsy shop ALittleTinsel
and it makes me happy every time I drink from it.
You can order my witch supplies mug if that sparks joy
by clicking this link.
I hope this resonated with you and if anything made you excited
for a new routine or a hot cup of homemade tomato soup.